Lockdown has been imposed. and we are back to sitting in front of our screens longer than ever before! While you are doing your duty to stay home to break the chain, we want to do ours to keep you entertained in your apartments in Chennai. Here is a round-up of things to do when bored at home for a refreshing break from the bleak news outside.
Sweat it out
Gyms and fitness centers are shut, but that is no reason to put your beach body dreams in a box just yet. Let’s take cues from these celebrities and fitness enthusiasts who have made the best use of their time indoors.
– Stay zen with a virtual yoga and meditation class. But with zillions of yogis on the gram, how do you find a class that is the perfect fit for you? Head down to @yogatips. This page is a compilation of the best from all the pages out there.
– If you crave structure and routine, why not take part in a daily fitness challenge with #getfitwithkrish? Krish’s well-curated fitness routines are short, simple, and easy to follow. The intense workout routines don’t require gym equipment and have been broken down into two-minute sessions, so you can burn off last night’s Netflix n chips segment without an excuse!
A hobby a day keeps boredom at bay
If you haven’t baked sourdough bread or thought of learning at least one Tiktok dance, were you even in a lockdown? Here are some other ways you can unleash your creativity and maybe even discover a hidden passion or two!
– If you are looking for some #foodinspo @chefkunal is the page for you! His page features mouth-watering Indian recipes broken down into easy-to-follow steps. Be sure to attempt his signature crunchy masala pasta recipe.
– Which meal is complete without dessert? @shivesh17’s page is a treasure trove of delectable treats! Most of his recipes can be executed without an oven or high-end appliances. He also has a diverse range of vegan recipes.
Psst – food is best enjoyed when shared. When posting on social media, make sure to tag us at #TheFunMustGoOn #StayHomeStayAmazing.
– When they said dance like no one is watching, we are sure they didn’t have the lockdown in mind. But why not use this time to unleash your hidden talents @dancewithmadhuri and @shufflewithakanksha They put out simple dance-along videos often so you can dance to your heart’s content irrespective of experience, practice, or style. Tune in and have fun!
Picture to abhi baaki hai mere dost…
Finished re-watching your favourite movie or show for the nth time? Our talented celebrities and content creators are here to the rescue!
– Gautham Vasudev Menon stirred all our emotions with the very unexpected sequel of the famous VTV (Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya). If you haven’t watched it yet, grab a tissue box and get ready for a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
– The whole cast and crew of C U Soon used the lockdown to flesh out a complete feature film, shooting the entire movie from their homes. Produced by Fahadh Fasil and Friends, catch this thriller on Amazon Prime.
So let’s make the best out of our time with these fun things to do when bored at home. Show us snippets from your quarantine life using the hashtag #TheFunMustGoOn #StayHomeStayAmazing and tag us to get featured on our social profiles.